? an updated food label ?
since 1933 when the nutrition facts food label was introduced so much has changed in the american diet and our views on nutrition. the fda is now proposing an updated food label–same rectangle with more information–below are some key changes that are proposed….
- number of calories per serving will be larger a bolder
- added sugars will be added to the list
- calories from fat will no longer be listed
- the number of servings per package will be more prominent
- a proposition to update serving size requirements
- daily values will be updated
- potassium and vitamin d will be added
the fda is currently seeking public comment…feel free to post your comments and i will pass them along